Introduction to Operating Systems and Services
Free online course on the components of operating systems as well as the fundamentals of operating system services.Publisher: NPTEL
Share This Course And
CertificazioneView course modules
This free online course on introduction to operating systems and services will begin by introducing you to the components of an operating system, as well as the need for having an operating system on a computer. You will learn about the definition of an operating system as well as the structure of a computer system. You will also be able to review the four components of a computer system.
Then, this course will also introduce you to the classification of the operating system, as well as the characterization of the computer system as it relates to the individual user interface, will also be covered in this course. Furthermore, this course will teach you how the components of a computer system are organized in order to allow various users to easily access the different components of the system.
Finally, this course will introduce you to the concepts of system calls along, as well as the different types of system calls available in an operating system. This course will also improve your knowledge of the components of the computer system architecture. Begin this course and improve your knowledge of the operating system, as well as understand the importance of the services an operating system performs in a computer system.Inizio Corso Ora
Introduction to Operating System
Introduction to Operating System - Learning Outcomes
Introduction to Operating System
User and System View of an Operating System
Organization and Operation of Computer Systems
Storage Characteristics of a Computer System
Computer System Architecture
Process and Storage Management
Introduction to Operating System - Lesson Summary
The Components of Operating System Services
The Components of Operating System Services - Learning Outcomes
Operating System Services
Components of Operating System Services
System Calls in Operating System
Operating System Design
Types of Operating System Structures
The Components of Operating System Services - Lesson Summary
Having completed this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss what an operating system is and the organization of a computer system.
- Identify the four components of a computer system.
- Discuss the user view and system view of the computer system.
- Discuss the three categories of storage structure in an operating system.
- Analyze the importance of computer system architecture.
- Explain process management activities in an operating system.
- Explain the concept of operating system services.
- Analyze the components of operating system services.
- Explain how system calls work in an operating system.
- Identify the various ways of structuring an operating system.
- Discuss the different types of operating system structures.
- Explain the concept of operating system design.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results