Professional Bookkeeping and Accounting 1 - Sales and Purchases
Learn how to record your sales and purchase transactions in your daybooks with this free online bookkeeping course.Publisher: The Excel Club
Share This Course And
CertificazioneView course modules
This comprehensive course suits those that need to record and account for Sales and Purchase transactions. We begin with an introduction to bookkeeping and accounting that introduces you to assets and liabilities on the balance sheet, common business records and the Accounting Equation. We then examine sales tax and coding for sales invoices and credits and show you how to prepare customer statements and make entries into daybooks.
The course then covers the purchasing process and the documents involved. We explain how to check purchase invoices for approval and code them for analytical purposes before transferring the transactions into the ‘purchase’ and ‘purchase returns’ daybooks while you perform creditor reconciliations.
If you are interested in accounting as a career or work in retail and want to learn new abilities, this is the training course for you. Sign up to gain new skills such as recording sales transactions in daybooks and reading and preparing invoices. This course can open doors for you if you feel stifled in your job so sign up to find new opportunities.Inizio Corso Ora
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the importance of bookkeeping and its links to accounting
- Define ‘assets’, ‘liabilities’, ‘revenue and ‘expenditure’
- Explain the principles of the sales tax
- Establish the importance of an invoice and identify its important details
- Describe the purpose and primary data information offered by a financial statement
- Highlight the role of the Accounts Receivable (AR) department
- Outline the purpose of ‘cross totting’ and ‘creditor reconciliation’
- Break down the process of recording sales, credits, purchases and returns in daybooks
- Describe the purchasing process and the documents involved
- Discuss the process for approving a purchase invoice
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results