Manufacturing Processes - Heat Treatment and Surface Properties
Free online course about the importance of the heat treatment process and surface modification processes.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificazioneView course modules
Manufacturing Processes: Heat Treatment and Surface Properties is a free online course that will teach you about the fundamental aspects of the heat treatment process in the joining of metals as well as aspects of improving surface properties. You will learn about the types of tempering processes through heat treatment and the processes of coating to improve surface properties of a finished product.
This course begins by introducing you to the fundamentals of the heat treatment process, the basic principles used for the heat treatment of steel, and the annealing process. You will learn about the normalizing and hardening of materials, the stress-relieving process, and critical annealing processes. Furthermore, you will learn about types of tempering processes. You will also learn about the processes for changing the chemical composition and coating processes.
This free online course will increase your knowledge about the heat treatment process and surface properties. Lastly, you will learn about enhancing surface layers through mechanical properties for improved performance of a product. This course will be of great interest to engineering students, as well as manufacturers. Start this free course today and increase your knowledge of successful manufacturing processes through heat treatment and improving surface properties.Start Course Now
Fundamentals of Heat Treatment
Fundamentals of Heat Treatment - Learning Outcomes
Introduction to Heat Treatment
Heat Treatment - Mechanisms and Principles
Heat Treatment Processes
Normalizing and Hardening
Fundamentals of Heat Treatment - Lesson Summary
Improving Surface Properties
Improving Surface Properties - Learning Outcomes
Introduction to Improving Surface Properties
Surface Modification Processes
Changing Chemical Composition
Improving Surface Properties - Lesson Summary
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the purpose of heat treatment in the joining of metals
- Discuss the approaches used for surface modification to improve mechanical properties and wear resistance
- List the steps required in order for surface engineering to take place
- Discuss the different methods related to the coating process in improving surface properties
- Discuss the limitations of the thermal spray process
- Explain how the properties of steel are modified in the annealing process
- Discuss the different processes of the annealing process with regards to heat treatment
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results