English Course - Describing Activities (Elementary level)
Learn how to talk about families, activities, and special occasions with the help of this free online English course.Publisher: Advance Learning
CertificazioneView course modules
At the start of this course you will be introduced to English adjectives and adverbs and learn how common words and their opposites are formed in English. You will then learn the rules for using adverbs of frequency with other words. You will then study family-related vocabulary and verb-noun phrases so you can describe activities that your family enjoy doing. You will also learn how to use auxiliary verbs in positive, negative, and question sentences.
Next, you will learn how to use contractions with English words. You will study how to use time words and expressions in sentences as well as how to use questions and answers in simple conversations for making arrangements. The course will also teach you the appropriate English grammar and vocabulary related to special occasions. Finally, you will learn how to make an English invitation card for a special family event.
By the end of this free online elementary level English course, you will have a much stronger understanding of English grammar and vocabulary that can be used to talk about your main activities, and you will have greatly enhanced your English speaking and listening skills. So why wait? Try the course now, and bring your English language skills to the next level in just a few short hours.
Elementary Level English Course - Describing Activities: Learning Outcomes
Adjectives and Adverbs
Possessions and auxiliary verbs
Conversations and suggestions
Elementary Level English - Describing Activities: Course Summary
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Relate how common words and their opposites are formed
- Demonstrate the rules for using adverbs of frequency with other words
- List family-related vocabulary and verb-noun phrases that describe activities
- Review how to use auxiliary verbs in positive, negative and question sentences
- Practice using contractions with words for different functions
- Show how to use time words and expressions in sentences
- Identify how to use questions and answers in simple conversations for making arrangements
- Illustrate appropriate grammar and vocabulary related to special occasions
- Explain how to produce an invitation card for an event
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results