Cello Course for Beginners
Master the basic techniques of the cello with the help of award-winning cellist Maxim Kozlov in this free online course.Publisher: Maxim Kozlov
Share This Course And
CertificazioneView course modules
The cello might be a somewhat underappreciated sibling of the violin but you can change that! Maxim Kozlov, an award-winning Russian-born cellist, is your guide through the basic techniques of playing the cello. This free online course begins by examining the different parts of the cello and showing you how to hold it properly. We then demonstrate the ‘pizzicato’, a traditional playing technique that utilizes the fingers. We also introduce you to the bow and the proper way to hold it.
The course then provides exercises to help you become confident using the bow, focusing on the techniques required to make beautiful sounds. You will be glad to have an expert like Kozlov for this part of the course. We then establish the importance of maintenance before explaining how to position your fingers on the cello.
The course then moves on to tuning and playing scales. Tuning is not optional if you want the proper sound from your cello - it is essential. Last but certainly not least, the course shows you how to produce sequences of notes. The playing of scales will also test your understanding of material covered in the course. So don't doubt that you could play the cello: with our expert guidance, you can master this versatile instrument.Inizio Corso Ora
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe common facts about the cello and its industry
- Discuss the different parts of a cello and the proper way to hold it
- Demonstrate the appropriate way to play ‘pizzicato’
- Identify the components of a bow
- Recognize the correct way to grip the bow
- Appreciate how the movement of the bow affects a note
- Recall the essential elements of ensuring good bow maintenance
- Indicate which fingers to use to play a piece of music
- Explain the two main methods to properly tune a cello
- Break down how to play scales
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results