This is one of the important parts of the EnMS. It is related to risks and opportunities with an EnMS and the associated actions related to that, planning elements, planning actions for risks and opportunities, planning actions for objectives & energy targets and executing those etc.
Incorporation of risk and opportunities are components of top and strategic decision-making in a company. By recognizing the risks and opportunities when reviewing the EnMS, a company can foresee the potential scenarios and outcomes so that unwanted consequences can be resolved before they happen. Likewise, beneficial prospects or situations that can provide potential benefits or positive outcomes can be recognized and opted for.
This clause - 6.1.1 is the part of clause - 6.1. When planning for the EnMS, the organization needs to review the issues referred to in Clause - 4.1 and the requirements referred to in Clause - 4.2 (Read the topic on Context of Organization) and assess the organization’s measures and processes that can influence energy performance. Planning needs to be related to the energy policy and may lead to measures that will ultimately help in the continual improvement of energy performance. The organization needs to identify the risks and opportunities that need to be addressed to:
• Provide confirmation that the EnMS can attain its planned results, including energy performance improvement.
• Avoid or minimize the unwanted impact.
• Attain continual improvement of energy performance and the EnMS.
The clause - 6.1.2 is the second sub-clause of clause -6.1. The organization needs to plan:
• Measures to cope up with the identified risks and opportunities.
• Also the how part needs to defined in the following cases:
• Integrate and apply the actions into its processes for energy performance and the EnMS.
• Assess the action's effectiveness taken for risks and opportunities.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free ISO 50001:2018 - Elements of Energy Management System (EnMS) online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free ISO 50001:2018 - Elements of Energy Management System (EnMS) online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.