Context of the organization is a new requirement in ISO 50001:2018 standard. It was not there in the earlier edition of ISO 50001:2011. So companies looking for transition should take this clause seriously, and conduct this study as per the requirement of ISO 50001:2018. It will be the beginning point for the transition to ISO 50001:2018.
The is the first sub-clause of Clause 4. It is about identifying external and internal issues for the energy management system which can affect the EnMS or can be affected the performance of EnMS. Moreover, such issues can also affect the planned outcomes for an EnMS or can influence its energy performance. Further explanation, will be provided in the next slide.
This is the second sub-clause of Clause 4. It is related to the identification and listing of interested parties and related information related to them. The organization shall identify:
• The interested parties that are related to the EnMS and energy performance.
• The related needs and requirements of identified interested parties.
• The listed needs and expectations which the organization addresses through its EnMS. The organization must do the following issues:
• ascertains that it has access to the applicable legal requirements and other requirements concerning its energy application, energy efficiency, and energy usage.
• Identify how these requirements apply to energy application, energy efficiency, and energy usage.
• Make sure these requirements are fulfilled.
• Consider reviewing the legal and other requirements at fixed identified intervals.
For more information, you can refer to ISO 19600 for the Management of Compliance.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free ISO 50001:2018 - Elements of Energy Management System (EnMS) online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free ISO 50001:2018 - Elements of Energy Management System (EnMS) online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.