Overview of Chinese Language
Loading
Previous Topic Previous slide Next slide Next Topic

Overview of Chinese Language

  • Study Reminders

    Set your study reminders

    We'll email you at these times to remind you to study

    You can set up to 7 reminders per week

    You're all set

    We'll email you at these times to remind you to study

    Monday

    -

    7am

    +

    Tuesday

    -

    7am

    +

    Wednesday

    -

    7am

    +

    Thursday

    -

    7am

    +

    Friday

    -

    7am

    +

    Saturday

    -

    7am

    +

    Sunday

    -

    7am

    +
  • Study Notes
  • Discuss This Topic
    Anthony K.
    KE
    Anthony K.

    It is interesting to know how wide spread mandarin is used in the world

    Lili L.
    US
    Lili L.

    Very interesting facts about the Chinese language.

    Benad M.
    TZ
    Benad M.

    Han chinese constitute about 94 percent of chinas population.About 70% of the han people speak Mandarin chinese;the remaining 30% speak other related chinese languages or dialects.Speakera of non chinese languages make up about 6% of china population.

    Benad M.
    TZ
    Benad M.

    apart from Mandarin,the other six major varities of spoken chinese are Cantonese,Gan,Hakka,Min,Wu and Xiang.

    Benad M.
    TZ
    Benad M.

    Standard mandarin chinese is commonly referred to as common speech in people of republic of china,national language in Taiwan and chinese language in Singapore.

    Benad M.
    TZ
    Benad M.

    Chinese is a vowel dominated language.In total ,there are 35 vowel sounds,known as finals because they occur at the end of syllables.The 6 vowel sounds are called single finals.

    Benad M.
    TZ
    Benad M.

    Pinyin is the standard and most used form of transcription in schools,the media and elsewhere.This course uses pinyin in the teaching of pronunciation.

    Larry C.
    US
    Larry C.

    alright

    Larry C.
    US
    Larry C.

    ok

    Larry C.
    US
    Larry C.

    this is probably easiest part of course

Notification

You have received a new notification

Click here to view them all