• In plumbing, copper pipes and fittings are used for hot and cold water supply; DWV systems; fuel gas supplies; and air conditioning systems.
• Copper is a long-lasting material, which is easy to bend, join, and dismantle. It also resists corrosion extremely well.
• Copper tubing comes in five different types: K, L, M, DWV, and ACR.
• Some of the common copper valves used for water supply systems are globe, ball, compression stop and waste, check, and stop valve.
• Copper pipes can be joined by making a sweat joint, a compression joint, or a flare joint.
• To reduce the stress on pipes and fittings, appropriate pipes supports such as attachments and connectors should be installed.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Plumbing Pipes and Fixtures online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Plumbing Pipes and Fixtures online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.