verbal communication along with signs, tags, labels and charts within and around the work area serve as walls to keep people safe. therefore it is crucial that proper safety practice be maintain and enforced. the same is also true for any motorize equipment. proper inspection should be routinely carried out on all motorize equipment regardless of the power source
• Plumbers have to work with hazardous chemicals and materials. Working with these materials – if not done properly -- can cause both health problems (skin or eye irritation, breathing difficulties) and environmental hazards (fire, explosions).
• It is important that plumbers know in advance the kinds of hazards they are likely to be exposed to when working on a specific project.
• A strong hazard communication program (HazCom program) helps workers to understand how to protect themselves. It will also include material safety data sheets that help workers to identify the hazards.
• NFPAs four-color diamond label is usually found on containers. Each color of the label represents a hazard whereas numbers zero to four indicate increasing hazards.
• Work zone safety can be ensured by using proper signs, signals, tags, and barricades. Moreover, work areas such as floors, platforms, scaffoldings, roofs represent their own set of hazards. A plumber should always well-informed about the guidelines to working safely.
• It is also important to know the safety guidelines that pertain to operating motorized vehicles and equipment.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Plumbing online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Plumbing online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.