pictorial decripton was very good
SAFETY .. Someone Is Waiting For At Home
• It is important that electricians select the right test equipment for a given application.
• An ammeter measures the electric current in a circuit. Milliammeters are used to measure smaller currents.
• A galvanometer is a type of ammeter. This analog electromechanical transducer produces a rotary deflection of a pointer in response to an electric current.
• The D'Arsonval movement is a DC moving-coil type movement. A moving-coil meter operates on the electromagnetic principle.
• A voltmeter measures the potential difference between two points in an electric circuit.
• An ohmmeter measures electrical resistance. Microhmmeter measures low resistance whereas megommeters measure large values of resistance.
• A multimeter combines several measurement functions (voltage, current, and resistance) in one unit.
• Using an appropriate voltage level meter and meters rated for the highest category are a couple of points an electrician must bear in mind when it comes to selecting a meter.
• The safe installation, maintenance, and operation of electrical equipment should adhere to the local and national codes as well as a given company's safety policies.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Basic Electrical Drawings and Test Equipment online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Basic Electrical Drawings and Test Equipment online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.