Stairway installation and type of stairs.
Stair Construction - Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• State the various terms associated with the construction and layout of stairs
• Classify stair design as straight-run, platform, or winding stairs
• Describe the basic difference between the three categories of stairs
• List the main components of a flight of stairs – treads, risers, and stringers
• Name the terminology used for other components of interior stairways
• Explain the requirements for building stairwells and stair framing
• Discuss the design and layout for stairways and stairwells
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Carpentry - Introduction to Formwork and Joinery online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Carpentry - Introduction to Formwork and Joinery online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.