Sign-up today to join over 9 million learners already on ALISON:
Behavior and Goals as Motivation Sources - Learning Outcomes
You need to log in to see this page!
This is a free Motivating Students to Learn online course, provided by ALISON. First, we require you to log in to see the complete course content. This allows us to track your course progress and to certify you once you have successfully completed the course. You can log in using any of the methods below. For further information on this course, please click here.
Behavior and Goals as Motivation Sources - Learning Outcomes - Module 1: Behavior and Goals as Motivation Sources - Motivating Students to Learn
After completing this module you will be able to:
• Understand and explain the theory of Behaviorism
• Reframe operant conditioning in terms of motivation
• Practice caution with behaviorist perspectives
• Know the difference between the type of goals that affect a student’s motivation
• Use your influence as a teacher to encourage mastery goals, and avoid failure-avoidance goals