The blood is a vehicle of transportation system. It carries gases, oxygen, carbon dioxide, wastes, and hormones.
Blood is the vehicle of the cardiovascular system it is composed of plasma and formed elements, it transports nutrients, hormones, gases, glucose, and oxygen carried in RBC's to oxygenate the bodies cells, it also carry's white blood cells to fight infection. It removes waste products from the body such as carbon dioxide which is dissolved in the plasma of the blood .Blood is crucial in maintaining the body's temperature control ensuring that our core body temperature is maintained
• Blood is the vehicle of the cardiovascular system.
• Blood is composed of plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.
• The red blood cells carry oxygen.
• The white blood cells play a role in protecting the body from infection.
• The blood transports oxygen, carbon dioxide, nutrients, waste products and hormones.
• The cardiovascular system enables energy mobilization by:
- carrying the oxygen required to make ATP
- carrying hormones needed to mobilize energy
- carrying fats needed for energy
- increasing blood supply to particular areas when they most need it
• Blood responds to hemorrhaging by clotting.
• Recipients and donors blood types must be matched for blood transfusions.
• Blood plays an important role in temperature control.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to the Cardiovascular System online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to the Cardiovascular System online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.