Advanced Mathematics - Translations
Translation of the ellipse
You also need to be able to sketch translations of ellipses.
This graph is a translation across h and up k.
* the centre of the ellipse will be at (h,k)
* the largest _x_ will be at _x_ = a + h
* the smallest_ x_ will be at _x_ = h - a
* the largest _y_ will be at _y_ = b + k
* the smallest _y_ will be at _y_ = k - b
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Mathematics online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Mathematics online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.