Core Mathematics - Finding the equation of a regression line
Finding the equation of a regression line
Steps to finding the line of best fit by eye.
1) Construct a scatterplot of the data.
2) Locate the point defined by the medians of the data sets.
3) Place a ruler on the scatterplot and adjust it until it runs through
the centre of the data.
4) Draw in the line.
5) Calculate the gradient and the Y-intercept of the line.
6) Determine the equation using the general rule.
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Mathematics online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Mathematics online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.