Biology - Water
Approximately 70% of the mass of humans is water. The majority of water
comes from drinks but most foods also contain much water. For example 93%
of a watermelon's mass is water.
Water plays many vital roles in plants and animals:
* water is a solvent for many substances in cells
* water is a requirement for many chemical reactions
* wastes  are removed from the body in a liquid
* water helps keep the body temperature constant in many animals
* water helps support cells
* our blood transports substances dissolved in water
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in General Science online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in General Science online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.