Biology - Summary
* Chloroplasts are found in plant cells that photosynthesise.
* A plant cell normally possesses a large, central vacuole that is
permanent. It stores water, mineral ions and pigments.
* When animal cells have vacuoles they are small and non-permanent.
* The cell wall of plant cells is composed of cellulose. It helps support
the cell and helps to maintain its shape.
* Plant cells tend to be larger than animal cells.
Click to view the plant and animal cells summary.
Click to view a printable version of the plant and animal cells summary.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in General Science online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in General Science online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.