For a more enjoyable learning experience, we recommend that you study the mobile-friendly republished version of this course.Take me to revised course.
Long term,Middle term and Shot term Planning to divert any down falls or delays.
A Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets.
SWOT & ACTION PLAN OPSTTEE
The objective of management structures are to maintain order within and organization as we'll as having elected officials to delegate different assignments within the organization, or there would be a bunch of people trying to run the business.
managers must perform the role of planning to enable them to deliver promptly.
Nice to always plan
No question, but a vital formula for successful development of an organisation is that "proper strategic planning equals good management."
managers must perform their role in planning since it helps an organization chart a course for the achievement of its goals. The process begins with reviewing the current operations of the organization and identifying what needs to be improved operationally in the upcoming year. From there, planning involves envisioning the results the organization wants to achieve and determining the steps necessary to arrive at the intended destination--success, whether that is measured in financial terms, or goals that include being the highest-rated organization in customer satisfaction.
Business Management - P - planning
P - planning
P - planning - managers must perform the role of planning, at their
designated level (the strategic, tactical or operational level), everything
that the organisation must do to achieve its objectives. Managers must
develop the long-term, the mid-term and the short-term plans for the
organisation to achieve these objectives.
Managers will need to implement a problem-solving and decision-making
model to assist them in determining their strategic, tactical or
The steps that managers will need to consider include:
* establishing and understanding the objectives that are to be achieved
in either the long, mid or short-term
* gathering the necessary data to determine a reasoned and logical
solution to the most effective way to achieve these objectives. This
includes understanding all variables in the internal and external
environment and forecasting likely events or impacts on the organisation
during the designated time period
* analysing the data by performing a SWOT analysis. A SWOT analysis
involves the manager analysing the relative strengths and weaknesses of the
organisation together with the opportunities and threats offered or imposed
from outside the organisation
* determining a number of alternative plans of action and ranking these
alternatives according to some predetermined scale or priority listing
* selecting the preferred plan or course of action
* implementing the plan through the use of an action plan, which will
take the following into account:
* O - objectives - what is to be achieved through the plan - the goals
* P - personnel - the personnel who will be responsible for implementing
* S - strategies - the strategies or methods to be adopted by the
* T - tasks - the tasks that will need to be performed by the personnel
and the delegation of tasks to specific personnel
* T - timeline - the timeline over which the plan is to be implemented
* E - evaluation - the evaluation process which will be adopted to assess
whether the plan has been effectively implemented
* E - evaluating - the extent to which the plan has been effectively
implemented. Managers will need to determine the KPIs to be used in the
evaluation process and what method will be adopted to collect the required
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.