Complete Courses - Earn Discounts | For a limited time, earn up to 30% OFF!Find out more
For a more enjoyable learning experience, we recommend that you study the mobile-friendly republished version of this course.Take me to revised course.
A chart to check the efficiency and effectiveness operation of the organisation.
I agree that team work at management level produces common goals and directions; and at the same time I am fully acknowledging the need for an Organization to have a well defined Management Structure, so that stakeholders are able to contact the right people and departments of an Organization for the good progress of that particular organization in its operations and in realization of its objectives.
Hello everyone, here is an example of an organisational chart for us to have a picture of what it is. https://www.gliffy.com/uses/org-chart-software/ This one is from a public organisation.
Management structure delegates to the organization of the hierarchy of authority, which defines accountability and communication channels within an organization and with both its external and internal environment. It also defines who is responsible for each role in an organization.
Management structures is the power between where the actual business is location was too! Wrong area and it'll end badly for the organization which leads to no need for supply and demand BIG LOSS!
The course if good, with all the explanations clear, easy to understand great course and useful.
clearly explains the significance of an organizational chart which enables the managers to attain the objectives of the organization, roles and responsibilities.
So this chart is made public?
Simple chain of command.
Business Management - Management structures
Teamwork at management level produces common goals and directions. Image.
In order to attain the objectives of the organisation, an organisational
chart which sets out in diagrammatic fashion the roles and responsibilities
of managers and, hence, their main work areas and tasks within the
organisation, should be established. The primary purpose of establishing
this chart is to assist in the efficient and effective operation of the
organisation. The chart will enable stakeholders to gain a clear
picture of what should happen within the organisation.
The structure established through this chart will highlight for the
* the primary or core areas of responsibility and the degree of
* the distribution of power and authority
* the level of delegation and accountability
* the communication channels within the organisation and the methods of
communication used for reporting purposes
* the key result areas that will be evaluated
* the control mechanisms adopted e.g. degree of centralisation and the
span of control used
* the co-ordination processes used
* the decision-making processes adopted
* other arrangements associated with the good order and functioning of
This organisational chart is the formal structure of the organisation
which will be determined after considering the following factors:
* the strategic, tactical and operational objectives
* the size in terms of the number of employees, locations, financial and
* the age
* the environment within which the organisation operates
* the level of specialisation and independence that exists and its
* the current distribution of power and authority between managers
* other characteristics (as discussed in section Characteristics of
However, in reality, the actual structure of the organisation may vary
greatly from this formal structure due to the dynamic nature of large-scale
organisations and the environments within which they operate.
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.