Health and Human Development - Health in adolescence: education
Education is particularly important in encouraging adolescents to
establish healthy patterns of behaviour that will positively influence
their development and health.
Education should be concerned with the effects of unhealthy diet,
inadequate exercise, unsafe sexual activity and smoking.
Unfortunately, the education of girls is often hindered by factors such
* early marriage
* time and energy consumed by household chores
* complications from pregnancy preventing further study
* perception of girls' education as a low priority or too costly
* insufficient and overcrowded schools
* scarcity of role models
* gender-biased curricula, teaching strategies and textbooks
* prohibitive distance between school and home.
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Human Health - Global Health Issues online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Human Health - Global Health Issues online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.