sometimes this style can cause a delay in decision making because so many people are involved in such cases, then it is time to employ autocrat management style before it is too late.
In this style, the manager is open to other's opinions and welcome their contribution into the decision making process. Therefore, every decision is made with the majority's agreement..
Business Management - Consultative management style
Consultative management style
Consultative - the characteristics exhibited by this management style
* - This management style is still highly centralised but there are
committees formed which are delegated the task of putting their comments
and thoughts to management before any decision-making by management takes
* - There is still a heavy emphasis on task orientation
* - Material incentives and the wage remain the overriding motivating
factor for this management style
* - Decision-making remains the function of management but others in the
organisation are asked for their opinions and thoughts even though they may
be ignored by management
* - Attitude towards employees is still highly impersonal but some
emphasis on professional development occurs
* - Formal, one-way lines of communication are still
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Fundamentals of Corporate Management online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Fundamentals of Corporate Management online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.