Biology - Exam techniques for short answer questions
Exam techniques for short answer questions
Read the question for meaning and for the technique needed for answering
appropriately. Here are some suggestions:
* do not repeat the wording of the question - it is directly above!
* use dot points if a number of points are expected
* include simple, effective diagrams (labelled or annotated) if
* spell correctly (essential) homozygous, heterozygous, phenotype etc.
* write legibly
* if asked for two items/components then give two, if asked for one then
give only one - the others will be ignored even if the first is incorrect
and another is correct
* avoid mixing several ideas in one sentence; separate the points
* quote from given data to support your answer
* make sure you attempt all questions.
Previous | Next
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Advanced Biology 2 online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Advanced Biology 2 online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.