Visual perception is the interpretation of processed information we receive from the visual world.
• Our brains are receptive to a certain types of patterns.
• „Connecting the dots“ refers to our cognitive ability to link disparate information.
• Visualization can help us gain a good understanding of the data.
Gestalt Laws of Grouping
• Common Grouping
• Colour: Hue / Intensity
• Spatial: Lenght / Width
• Orientation: Shape / Size /Curvature
• Data visualization is used to examine and investigate data.
• Data visualization allows us to uncover an underlying story that we may not have been aware of.
• As we discover new facts or test different outcomes, the story becomes more dynamic.
• The finding and analysis are the key objectives here.
• Infographics help us tell a story that already exists.
• Infographics don't always follow best practice
• The primary goal of infographics is narration.
Types of Infographics
• Progress Bar
• Donut Chart
• Waffle Chart
• Camera Tool
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Foundations of Microsoft Excel Dashboards, Data Analysis and Visualization online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Foundations of Microsoft Excel Dashboards, Data Analysis and Visualization online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.