• The following are the functions of proteins:
- Immuno-proteins defend the body against foreign invaders.
- Structural proteins regulate the elasticity and structure of connective tissues.
- Enzymes catalyse all biochemical reactions.
- Transport proteins that transfer oxygen, hormones and other substances
- Messenger proteins like hormones, integrin
• The following steps in the protein adsorption process in their correct order:
- Deposition and attachment at the interface
- Structural rearrangements of the adsorbed molecule
- Detachment from the interface
- Transport away from the interface
- Possible restructuring of the desorbed molecule
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Biointerface Engineering: Characterization of Interfaces online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Biointerface Engineering: Characterization of Interfaces online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.