The characteristics of mix proportion for self-compacting concrete are as follows:
- Cement-based paste content is high due to the need to keep good workability.
- Usually, the powder content needs to be increased, and the water content is restrained.
- Mineral admixtures are used to increase the powder content.
- Increased paste content supplements the decreased volume of coarse aggregates.
- High-performance superplasticizers are used.
- Viscosity-modifying agents are used to ensure the required viscosity is achieved while maintaining cohesiveness.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Models of Special Concretes online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Models of Special Concretes online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.