The main points from this module are as follows:
- There are four types of overcurrent protection relays, namely, instantaneous overcurrent relay, definite minimum time overcurrent relay, inverse time overcurrent relay, and inverse definite minimum time overcurrent relay.
- Overcurrent protection relay is the cheapest and simplest type of protection.
- Plug setting or pickup value is the value of the current about which relay starts operating.
- Inverse Time Overcurrent Relay is the most widely used type of relay.
- Transient overreach is the tendency of a relay to operate instantaneously for faults beyond its section.
Log in to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Power System Protection online course
Sign up to save your progress and obtain a certificate in Alison’s free Introduction to Power System Protection online course
Please enter you email address and we will mail you a link to reset your password.