Fixtures and Faucets – Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Recognize the difference between a plumbing fixture and faucet
• Explain the terms associated with fixtures and faucets used in the plumbing trade
• Discuss the basic principles of sanitation and safety as put forth in the National Standard Plumbing Code
• Identify the materials used to make plumbing fixtures
• Describe the basic types of fixtures such as sinks and lavatories, bathtubs, shower stalls, water closets, etc.
• Summarize what is meant by compression and non-compression faucets