After completing this module you will be able to:
• Identify the need for a reproductive system in the human body.
• Identify the two different types of sex hormones.
• Describe the term “external genitalia”.
• Briefly describe the role of gametes.
• Describe the term “meiosis”.
• Describe the process of “fertilization”.
• Describe the structure and function of the male reproductive system.
• Describe the role of the testis in the male reproductive system.
Describe the structure and function of the female reproductive system.
Describe the role of the ovary in the female reproductive system.
Describe the different stages of development during pregnancy.
• Identify where the site of fertilization takes place.
• Explain the term “intrauterine”.
• Briefly describe the difference between an embryo and a fetus.
• Explain the purpose of the placenta.
• Identify the different phases of child birth.
• Define the term “parturition”.
• Describe the process “episiotomy”.