After completing this module you will be able to:
• Describe the general functions of the supra-laryngeal organs.
• Outline the key functions of the nose.
• Describe the nasopharnyx.
• Outline the key functions of the larynx and describe its structure.
• Describe how human speech is produced.
• Describe the structure of the respiratory tree.
• Explain the function of the alveoli.
• Outline the key functions of the lungs and describe their structure.
• Describe the pleural cavities.
• Outline the difference between nutrient blood and functional blood.
• Describe how gases are transported around the body.
• Explain the term resuscitation.