Accounting - Topics - Depreciation Likely Errors
* calculating depreciation for the full year rather than the relevant
* previous accumulated depreciation is deducted only when using
reducing balance method
* disposal/residual/scrap value is not deducted when using reducing
* correct identification of the length of the accounting period. In the
problem above 1 March is only two months after the commencement of the
period on 1 January.
* incorrect decimal point - where a calculator is used
* failing to add the current depreciation to accumulated depreciation
when displaying in the balance sheet
* reversing debit and credit entries in the balance sheet
* failing to show full titles in the journal or ledger, e.g.,
'depreciation' rather than 'depreciation of motor vehicles'
* treating depreciation directly through the asset count
Previous | Next