Business Management - Human resource management: conflict between
management and employees
Conflict between management and employees
Naturally, conflict between management and employees is bound to occur.
The HR Manager must work to prevent such disputes and conflict from
occurring so that there is minimal disruption to workplace activities and
so that there is minimal performance gap. A proactive stance to dispute
and conflict resolution must be taken by the HR Manager.
The forms that this conflict may take include:
* strikes by employees
* bans on commencement of work sites and boycotts on continued work
* stop work meetings
* 'go slow' and 'work to rules' conditions imposed by employees
* demarcation disputes between unions
* lock-outs by management
* picketing of workplaces
* disciplinary action taken by management, e.g. demotion, transfer,
dismissals, sackings and retrenchments, and, stop work meetings by
The HR Manager can avoid such disputes if the following action is taken.
* educate employees about the goals and objectives of the organisation
* communicate to all employees the changes taking place in the workplace
* motivate and maintain enthusiasm amongst employees
* understand employee needs and listen to what they are saying
* develop a collaborative atmosphere and culture between employees
* establish committees with representatives of management and employees
to discuss local issues
* promote a change culture amongst employees
* develop more team strategies within the workplace
Previous | Next
"Nós enviaremos as instruções para resetar a sua senha para o endereço associado. Por favor, digite o seu e-mail atual."