This course, Music Theory: Melody and Harmony, teaches you how to identify different chords in a melody and the development of notes and musical scales. You will learn how to distinguish between major and minor scales by using your listening skills and through the works of Mozart and Wagner, you will learn how cadences and sequences can be used in musical excerpts.
This course also teaches you about harmony and bass patterns. You will learn about chord progressions and how to build chords in a melody. You will listen to blues and rock musical genres to get an idea of how chord progressions are used and learn how to identify between a regular and an irregular rate of harmonic change.
This course is suitable for beginners to music theory and for anyone that would like to strengthen their aural listening skills. This course is the second in the music theory courses; therefore, Alison’s course, Music Theory: Instruments and Rhythm, should be completed before starting this course.
After completing this music theory course, you will:
- Describe the differences between the major and minor scales.
- Explain the different scales you might hear in different parts of the world.
- Distinguish between conjunct or disjunct melodies.
- Define melodic sequence.
- Explain the difference between an authentic cadence and a deceptive cadence.
- Explain what a harmony is.
- Describe how to focus on the rate of harmonic change.
- Define what an irregular rate of harmonic change is.
- Explain what a chord progression is.
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados