Modern businesses and organizations implement workplace safety and health policies to ensure compliance with legislation, promote employee well-being, and foster a productive work environment.
The course begins by introducing you to behavior-based safety, where supervisors and managers will learn how to develop a culture of safety among employees by influencing their behaviour towards safe working practices. You will also learn how to recognize the signs of drug use and how to implement workplace polices to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Next, the course teaches you about workstation ergonomics, where you will learn tips and techniques to maintain good posture at your workstation, ensuring longterm comfort and back safety.
You will gain a thorough understanding of key aspects such as risk analysis, hazard identification and control, safety education and training, and best practice policies for the implementation of effective safety programs. Also included is a case study that focuses on the management of safety and health in schools.
Alison's health and safety certification course guides you through the important aspects involved in workplace safety and health and is ideal for anyone wishing to attain certification or gain a greater understanding of the topic.
Learn about Occupational Health and Safety Specialists and the work they do.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a behavior-based safety program.
- Distinguish between the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor and an employee.
- Identify factors that can cause incidents.
- Explain the concept of workstation ergonomics concerning people and their work.
- Describe how to prevent back injury problems in the workplace.
- Recognize the signs of drug use and how to deal with someone you suspect is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Explain health and safety legislation in schools, as well as specific duties and responsibilities.
- Describe how to prepare for an emergency, how to report accidents and create a safety statement.
- Explain the roles of safety representatives and a safety committee within the school system.
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma ou Certificado da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados