English Grammar and Vocabulary - Travel (Advanced Level)
Learn English phrases related to travel, and study the English future tense, with this free online English course.Publisher: Advance Learning
CertificaçãoView course modules
This course will first introduce you to English phrases such as ""When in Rome, do as the Romans do"" and ""Bucket list"", so that you can clearly understand their meanings. You will learn how to use 'as', 'because', and 'since' to give reasons for an event, and how to use 'due to', 'owing to', and 'because of' for explaining situations. You will also learn the proper usage of 'as a result, 'therefore, and 'consequently as well as 'in order to + infinitive' and 'in case + clause'.
You will then study vocabulary related to hotels and flights such as 'bed and breakfast' and 'long haul flight'. The course will teach you how to use the present continuous tense in a sentence as well as the different forms of the future tense to talk about future plans and arrangements. You will also look into the correct usage of 'due to', 'on the point of (doing) something', 'about to', and 'to'.
Everybody loves to travel. This course contains valuable lessons about travel and related topics that every frequent traveler will find useful. It has an easy-to-follow outline with interactive learning exercises that you can do over and over again. The modules also come with audio recordings by native speakers which you can listen to repeatedly. So, check out the course and learn new English travel words and adjectives today!Start Course Now
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Justify why we sometimes use in order to/so as to and at other times to + infinitive
- State the difference in meaning between the present continuous for future arrangements and the future with going to
- Trace the vocabulary studied for describing accommodation and air travel
- Review the most appropriate linking words used to express reason, purpose and result
- Analyse the most appropriate travel-related idioms for the given context
- Review how we use the phrases 'to be due to', 'to be on the point of', 'to be about to'
- Summarise the use of the future perfect and the future continuous
- Review the use of common adjectives for describing travel destinations
- Explain what certain noun phrases connected to travel mean
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados