Learning to Learn Online
Master the skills and strategies that help you to succeed in an online environment with this free online course.Publisher: BCcampus OpenEd
Share This Course And
CertificazioneView course modules
This course explains how online learning differs from traditional learning and helps you to develop your own personal plans and strategies to handle curricula and graduate in an online environment.
We begin by defining your role as an online learner and identifying the key skills required for self-directed learning. We then show you how to communicate professionally as a team member in a virtual classroom. You will learn how to relate to online instructors in a way that supports your learning and growth.
The course then explores skills and strategies to help you manage your time effectively. We break down how to complete writing assignments and demonstrate the use of the ‘survey, question, read, recite and review‘ (SQ3R)) method to improve your ability to read strategically. This course suits anyone who would like to learn online or wants to improve their self-directed learning skills, a valuable skill that can open doors for them through Adult Education.Inizio Corso Ora
Introduction to Learning Online
Introduction to Learning Online - Learning Outcomes
Identify Skills for Self-Directed Learning
Who am I on my Learning Journey?
Who are my Instructors and What is their Role?
Time Management for Online Learning
Introduction to Learning Online - Lesson Summary
Online Assignments and Strategic Reading
Online Assignments and Strategic Reading - Learning Outcomes
Professional Communication in the Online Environment
Identify Learning Goals for Assignments
Online Assignments and Strategic Reading - Lesson Summary
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define your role as an online learner by developing a mindset for independent learning
- Describe how to prepare for a role as a team member in a virtual classroom
- Outline how to relate to online instructors in a way that supports your learning and growth
- Explain how to communicate professionally with them
- Employ different techniques that improve your time management skills when learning online
- Demonstrate how to analyze writing assignments
- Read strategically using the ‘SQ3R’ method
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results