Communication Skills - Persuasion and Motivation is a course that will introduce you to the art of persuasion, and motivation techniques for both yourself and others. The course will look at how persuasion impacts our daily lives, and discusses the differences between persuasion and manipulation. The course will also guide you through motivation theories.
The course begins by introducing you to persuasion, how it impacts our daily lives, and the differences between persuasion and manipulation. Theories surrounding the art of persuasion will be examined in detail including manipulation, brainwashing, and Stockholm syndrome. You will also look at the role which persuasion plays in negotiation, and the difference between the two.
Next, the course will introduce you to motivation theories, and you will also review techniques for motivating both yourself and others. You will look at the importance of motivation in leadership, and the motivation techniques which team leaders can utilize.
This course will be of great interest to professionals who need to develop and use effective communication skills as part of their job, either with their customers or work colleagues. It will also be of interest to anyone who is hoping to enhance their daily lives through improving their persuasion and motivation skills.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between motivation and achieving goals;
- Discuss the theories surrounding motivation;
- Explain ways to help increase an individual’s motivation;
- Explain the different factors which influence persuasion;
- Discuss the difference between persuasion and manipulation;
- Discuss factors influencing attitudes;
- Explain what can influence a message;
- Discuss the use of fear appeal;
- Explain what is meant by negotiation;
- Discuss the process of negotiation;
- Explain how a person can be a good leader;
- Discuss the relationship between leadership and motivation.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results