WHAT IS POLICY?
Policy is a top level document that involves the following:
• Is defined by top management
• Is appropriate to an organisation
• Involves commitment to continual improvement and the prevention of non-conformity
• Is a commitment to comply with legislation and other subscribed requirements
• Provides a framework for targets and objectives
• Is implemented and maintained at all levels of an organisation
• Is available to the public
What does policy tell us about an organisation?
• Focal areas of improvement