Strategy implementation refers to the sum total of the activities and choices required for execution of a strategic plan, the implementation process has to answer these questions:
Who will carry out the strategic plan?
What should be done to align the company's operations in the new direction?
When and how everyone concerned should respond?
Factors Differentiating stage I, II and III companies
1. Sizing up: Major problems
4. Organisation: Major characteristic of structure
5. Measurement and control
6. Reward punishment system
According to risk
Courses of action
According to desired rate of growth
According to Risk:
Courses of Action:
Vertical Integration - Backward and Forward
According to desired rate of growth: Alternatives are
- Internal Expansion, (adding more capacity)
- Internal stability (by augmenting resources)
- Internal retrenchment or turnaround
- External Retrencliment or Divestiture
- External expansion through mergers
- Combination of the above strategies
Selection of strategy
Based on growth objects, resources, s&w, government policy & best method to close the gap between projected performance and desired performance;
PL-C of product BU could also be helpful;
Marginal factors (attitudes towards risk) also influence selection.