• Different types of fixtures and faucets are available for plumbing installations.
• A fixture is a device that receives water from a supply line and discharges water and waste into a connected drainage system. A faucet, on the other hand, is a fixture that is used to draw water from a pipe.
• When installing fixtures and faucets, it is important to follow all the applicable plumbing codes of the area. These codes outline the basic principles of sanitation and safety that must be followed.
• Modern plumbing fixtures are made from durable, non-absorbent materials that have smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces such as porcelain, sheet steel, plastics.
• Faucets fall under two basic categories: compression and non-compression.