• Plumbers work with a wide variety of tools. While most of the tools they work with are used by professionals from other trades, plumbing has its own tools as well.
• Tools help plumbers to put their theoretical knowledge into practice, and build functional water supply and sanitary systems. It is therefore imperative that plumbers know the proper ways of using the tools.
• Plumbers should also follow the applicable safety and maintenance rules when it comes to safe operation of tools.
• Before a plumber can begin to use a tool, selecting the most suitable tool for the job is an all-important task.
• Plumbing tools can be divided into the broad categories of measuring and layout tools, leveling tools, cutting tools, drilling tools, assembly and holding tools. Plumber's rule, plumb bob, hacksaw, chisel, hammer drill, pipe wrench, and slip-joint pliers are examples of each of these categories.
• Tools allow you to perform your job. A thorough and up-to-date knowledge about the tools of the trade is a good investment into the career.