The key points from this module are:
Logical framework approach is basically an instrument for logical analysis and structured thinking in project planning.
Pros of Logical Framework
. Ensures that fundamental questions are asked and weaknesses are analyzed.
2. Guides systematic and logical analysis of the inter-related key elements.
3. Improves planning by highlighting linkages between project elements and external factors.
4. Provides a better basis for systematic monitoring and analysis of the effects of projects.
5. Facilitates common understanding and better communication between stakeholders.
6. Standardized procedures for collecting and assessing information.
7. Ensures continuity of approach when original project staff is replaced.
8. Facilitates communication between governments and donor agencies.
Cons of Logical Framework
1. Rigidity in project administration may arise when objectives and external factors are over-emphasized.
2. LFA is a general analytical tool
3. The full benefits of utilizing LFA can be achieved only through systematic training of all parties involved and methodological follow-up.
Log Frame Matrix ensures continuity of approach when original project staff is replaced; it facilitates communication between governments and donor agencies.
Official Statistics means Statistics derived by the government agencies from surveys, administrative and registration records, and other forms and papers, the statistical analyses of which are published regularly, or planned to be published regularly, or could reasonably be published regularly.
Along with the Census of India, the National Sample Survey Organization is another very important data source, providing sample data, a large sample data on various aspects.
The first complete population census in India was conducted in 1881.
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is a nodal agency for all statistical activities at all India level.
Official statistics also provide a benchmark for what government and state organizations recognize to be the state of affairs about the populations and economic systems. Lack of reliable statistical information is not only an obstacle to doing research, but it also opens the door to politicians making untestable assertions about the validity and success of their policies.
The challenges that are faced in the field of development practice is that there may be powerful stakeholders who are simply not ready to listen to the kind of changes that are suggested
Communication of research results, particularly the communication of policy-oriented research results, is a very important aspect of overall policy research. Judgment and a sense of timing to communicate results is needed.
Good communication skills can facilitate the adoption of policy change, research findings, and politically appropriate policy recommendations.
When research is commissioned, the initial questions often uncover more complex issues. Or through preliminary investigation, it may become apparent that the initial design of the project is lacking; or that a key stakeholder has been overlooked.
Communication of initial results can also highlight misunderstandings about the appropriateness and consistency of the methodology being used.
Now, research findings need to be presented throughout the research process, to clarify, analysis, try out ideas and deepen understanding and knowledge.