The Key Contents from this Module are:
The advantages of producing compounds from plant cell technology are:
1. Control of supply of products independent of the availability of plant itself and climate, geographical and governmental restrictions etc.
2. High growth and productivity as compared to the natural plant.
3. Reduction in time and space required for the production of desired chemicals.
4. Strain improvement can be done for the enhanced production of desired compounds.
5. Ease in the extraction and purification of the final product.
Features of Phytohormones Include:
They are effective triggers of secondary metabolism
The production of secondary metabolites in plant cell culture is a function of cell multiplication
Growth regulators determine the productivity of the given culture
Plant cell cultures require the addition of growth regulators, auxins and cytokinins, to media for consistent growth of by cell division.
Cell permeability enhancers are compounds which are not inhibitory to the cell growth, and at the same time have the ability to reversibly increase the pore size of the cell wall for better mass transfer, thus resulting in increased biomass and secondary metabolite production.
Abiotic elicitors comprise of substances that are of nonbiological origin and are grouped in physical, chemical, and hormonal factors.
Biotic elicitors are the substances of biological origin that include polysaccharides originated from plant cell walls (e.g. chitin, pectin, and cellulose) and microorganisms.
Biotic and abiotic elicitors also differ in their dose-effect relationship. Biotic elicitors include Lipids and glycoproteins. Abiotic elicitors are salts of heavy metal and detergents.
Nous enverrons les instructions pour reinitialiser votre mot de passe à votre adresse e-mail associée. Veuillez marquer votre adresse e-mail actuelle.