Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare - Biological Agent Hazards
This course aims to provide healthcare line managers and department heads with an introduction to managing occupational health and safety. The full course consists of six modules and is suitable for all healthcare settings.
This module, Module 3 , introduces you to Biological Agent Hazards in Healthcare . It can be studied as a stand alone module or as part of the full course.
Module 3 is split into three topics.
- Topic 1: Introduction to Biological Agents,
- Topic 2: Biological Agents Risk Assessment, and
- Topic 3: Implementing Control Measures.
Please note that the module is intended as an overview and may need to be supplemented by more specific training and / or specialised advice.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- outline the four biological agent risk groups
- identify ways in which healthcare employees are exposed to biological agents in the workplace
- recognise the types of health effects associated with hazardous biological agents
- describe how to carry out a biological agents risk assessment in the workplace, and
- describe the measures used to safeguard healthcare employees from harmful effects of hazardous biological agents.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Liste des Modules( 1 )
1 Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare - Biological Agent Hazards
This course presents learners with an overview of the types and classes of biological agents that they may encounter in healthcare and introduces the concept of biological agents risk assessment. The content is suitable across all healthcare settings and provides concise practical strategies for everyday use.
Module Outline (Introduction)
Topic 1 - Introduction to Biological Agents
Topic 2 - Biological Agents Risk Assessment
Topic 3 - Implementing Control Measures
Summary and Assessment