• Construction drawings illustrate the elements of a building. These elements include the building's design, location, and dimensions.
• Drawings are the foundation on which a construction project rests. They help in providing the final picture of an architect's plans.
The essential step of visualizing a project, before it is built, helps professionals in the field to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems.
• A complete set of construction drawing typically includes a plot plan, foundation plan, floor plan, elevation drawings, details, electrical drawings, HVAC (heating ventilating, and air conditioning) drawings, and plumbing drawings.
• In order to install plumbing systems, it is vital that plumbers know how to read and interpret these drawings.
• Title blocks; dimension lines; symbols for fittings, pipes, and fixtures; written specifications provide plumbers with preliminary information about the project.
• Plumbers will find themselves working with all kinds of drawings. The ones that are specific to the trade include pictorial (drawings such as isometric and oblique), schematic, orthographic, fixture, exploded, and cutaway drawings.