Chemistry - Which method?
The method selected for a particular analysis may be influenced by a
variety of factors including required accuracy, available equipment and
stability of the sample being analysed.
Examples of the appropriate techniques for specific analyses include:
* heavy metals in water - AAS
* salt in potato chips - gravimetric analysis
* sugars and vitamin levels in foodstuffs - HPLC
* presence of calcium in an unknown salt - flame emission
* alcohol in wine - volumetric analysis or GC
* phosphorus in detergent - colorimetry
Previous | Next