ISO 9001 is an international standard which provides a framework for organizations to maintain Quality Management System; this standard is used globally by companies in different sectors. The standard was revised in September, 2015 and the new version incorporated some vital changes after major version of the standard published in 2000.
This course provides ground for new learners to learn the fundamental concepts on the basis of which the standard was revised. This course will help industrial professionals looking to implement ISO 9001:2015, top and middle management to envision the new changes within the standard (so that they can provide the strategic and tactical direction to the organization), and consultants who assist organizations in the implementation of this new revised version of the standard.
This course will also serve as a refresher training material for professionals within the organization. The course presents the complex quality management principles used in the standard with the help of everyday life examples and easy to assimilate applications.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the history of ISO 9001 Revisions.
- Clarify and describe common misconceptions about revision.
- Examine and manage the context of an organization.
- Explain Process Approach and Risk Based Thinking.
- List each phase of the Plan, Do, Check and Act Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of managing organizational knowledge and how it can be preserved.
- Discuss how companies check their management system through internal audits
- Discuss how top management should be involved in Management System through Management reviews
- Compare what has changed from previous version i.e. ISO 9001:2008 to new version ISO 9001:2015 regarding management reviews
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results