Human Resources is a key component in successful organizations and businesses and the course Fundamentals of Human Resources introduces you to the various functions of HR in organizations including responsibilities and objectives, the employment cycle, job analysis, recruitment and selection, and performance appraisal as well as employee relations, and managing change within the workplace.
The course begins by reviewing the factors that influence the workforce, including strategies for motivating employees, and the role the HR manager plays in implementing these strategies.
The course reviews the employment cycle and looks at factors such as training employees, employee recognition and rewarding employees. It describes in detail important responsibilities of HR staff such as job analysis, recruitment, selection, contracts, and termination of employment.
Next, the course also examines different management styles and how to deal with potential conflict between management and employees. Change is a constant in HR and the course explains why HR staff must be aware of continual changes in areas such as technology, legislation, and workplace employment conditions.
This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn more about the role HR plays and who are interested in HR as a career.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that influence the workforce, the role of the human resource manager, and the strategies for motivating employees.
- Describe the employment cycle, including recognition, rewards, planning, job analysis, training, recruitment, selection, contracts, termination and more.
- Describe employee relations, the different management styles, key performance indicators, and potential conflicts between management and employees.
- Explain how to manage important changes such as technology, legislation, and workplace employment conditions.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results