Beginner English 105
Learn English grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary relating to numbers, time and events with this free online course.Publisher: Advance Learning
Share This Course And
CertificaciónVer los módulos del curso
This course forms part of a wider ‘Beginner English’ series and is a building block in a set of courses that help you widen your vocabulary and become more self-assured in expressing yourself and conversing in English. This course reinforces what you have learned in the previous courses. We begin by examining the pronunciation of words relating to time, including days of the week and the months of the calendar.
The course then moves on to numbers. We compare ordinal numbers (like ‘first’ and ‘second’) to cardinal numbers (like ‘one’ and ‘two’) and explain when to use them. We then examine grammar relating to time. You will learn how to tell the time and how to read a clock in English. The course then discusses the ‘prepositions of time’ (‘in’, ‘at’ and ‘on’) and shows you when to use each correctly.
Our final section goes through vocabulary relating to events. We demonstrate how to add adjectives to add information and make the event-related word more specific. This course takes you through each section step-by-step, using video and audio clips to enhance your learning experience. Sign up to boost your confidence while speaking English.Inicio Curso Ahora
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how to tell the time in English
- Outline the manner in which you read a clock
- Compare ordinal to cardinal numbers and correctly use both in a sentence
- Recognize ‘wh-’ questions regarding time such as ‘what’ and ‘when’
- Discuss ‘prepositions of time’ and explain when to use them correctly
- Confidently describe various events
- Identify when to use adjectives to make these event-related words more specific
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results