This module explains the Safety Management Pack for construction contractors with 20 or less employees (SMP 20). SMP20 will help you to plan your work in a safe way and protect your employees and the people around you.
By following the simple steps outlined in this module, you can develop your own safety statement and improve how you carry out your work. A detailed look at risk assessment is also provided.
This module was developed by the Construction Safety Partnership to help you, and will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Afterwards you will be given instructions how to purchase your copy of SMP20 from the Construction Safety Partnership.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to maintain an effective safety managment system that will help increase productivity and morale in the workplace. You will gain a good knowledge of how to reduce the likelihood of accidents happening. You will improve communication on-site and save money. This course will enable you to plan effective safety procedures for the workplace, helping you to establish health and safety integration with other contractors. You will know the steps involved to develop a safety statement.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Construction Safety - The Safety Management Pack
Health and Safety Authority
Modules List( 1 )
1 Construction Safety - The Safety Management Pack
- Introduction to Construction Safety - The Safety Management Pack
- Lesson 1 Basic Information
- Lesson 1 Summary and Assessment
- Lesson 2 Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Risk Assessment Tools
- Method Statement
- Lesson 2 Summary and Assessment
- Lesson 3 Work Information
- Lesson 3 Summary and Assessment
- Lesson 4 Forms and Overview
- Lesson 4 Summary and Assessment